Wednesday I had the pleasure of meeting with POSH's newest Bride-to-be Jill and her mom, Doris. The Initial meeting was held in the family's beautiful home in Haddon Heights and was a complete success! With a guest list of 350, full Catholic Mass, and ceremony and reception 45 minutes apart, you would think that we would only be able to "brush the surface" in terms of the event. Well, not only were we able to discuss the couple's vision for the day, we were able to discuss a tentative timeline, color scheme and specific event details, all in less than a two hour span. Why? Because this family totally "gets it" when it comes to planning and hiring a Coordinator for Month-of service.
Before you contact a Consultant regarding Day/Month Of Services, be sure that you can answer "yes" to all of the questions below:
1. Have you booked all of your Wedding day Vendors? If not, have you atleast booked your Ceremony location, Reception Venue, Photographer, Videographer, Transportation and Entertainment?
2. Do you have signed Contracts readily accessible for review?
3. Have you ordered your attire as well as that of the Bridesmaids?
4. Have you made necessary deposits for all of your vendors?
5. Do you have contact information for all of your Vendors as well as your Wedding Party.
If you have completed the majority of the steps listed above, now is a good time to Bring in a Coordinator to truly pull together the finishing touches. Keep in mind, many entry level packages only allow for a limited amount of planning time in addition to the Day-Of. If you find yourself needing additional assistance, it is probably a better idea to upgrade to a larger package as opposed to paying an hourly rate for planning.
Please help me in welcoming Jill & Dan to the family!