Wednesday

Published: Our Wedding on The Brides Cafe and Essence.com

Honored.

In this business there are many times that I have been moved. When I walk my brides to those double doors, when we receive thank you notes, when my inbox is filled with pictures of POSH bundles of joy. I'm always moved.

Today however, it's personal.

In an industry where it is easy to "get in" and incredibly difficult to maintain, where turnover is high and loyalty not so much, I've been extremely fortunate. Not just with POSH as a business, but with the many relationships that have evolved out of this business, my passion.

When I got engaged, I was immediately hit with an overwhelming feeling of fear. Would MY wedding be good enough? Would people be moved by my story enough to be featured? Printed? Would anyone even care? I'm not going to lie, at times it was extremely stressful. See with a client it's easy. I can pick amazing picture, after amazing picture, eyes closed. With our wedding however, I came to the realization that I am not superwoman. With a little help from my friends, I realized our wedding was not going to be designed for display purposes. It's was going to be a reflection of "us" and that would be good enough.

So today, 3 months after we exchanged vows to see our wedding featured TODAY on The Brides Cafe and Essence.com after being featured previously on Munaluchi Bridal , three industry publications that do amazing things for couples in general and of color specifically, I am honored. And humbled.

I want to say thank you internet for all that you do. For the many phone calls, text's, tweets and "likes" of support. For allowing me during this process to feel like a "Bride" and not just a planner, for supporting Mr. Charming and I and allowing me to remain #giddy. From the bottom of my heart, I appreciate it.

I will begin recaps shortly amongst recaps of our client weddings, but in the meantime here's one of my all time favorite pictures courtesy of my rockstar photogs Entwined Studio

Photobucket

xoxoxo
Isis

My ridiculously amazing vendor team:
Wedding Coordination: POSH Events (www.posheventsllc.com) and Day Of Planner Deidre Gray (www.alwaysapi.com) for Always a Positive Image
Event Design- POSH Events www.posheventsllc.com
Photographer- Entwined Studio www.entwinedstudio.com
Videographer Illumimoto Cinema www.illumimoto.com
Cakes/Dessert Table- The Hudson Cakery www.hudsoncakery.com
Lighting- Synergetic Light & Sound www.synergeticsounds.com
Band- CTO 5th Ave www.cto.com
Ceremony/ Reception Venue- The Hyatt Penn's Landing- http://pennslanding.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp?icamp=hyattregencyphiladelphiaredirect
Florist- Leigh Florist www.leighflorist.com
Stationary- LePenn Designs www.lepenndesigns
Rentals- Choice Party Linens http://www.choicepartylinens.com//Select Event Designs www.weparty.com
Table Names- Paperfinger www.paperfinger.com
Makeup Artist- Ashanti Ortiz (facingbeauty@aol.com)
Calligrapher-Kathleen Turnure
Dress: Maggie Sottero http://www.maggiesottero.com/
Bride's Shoes : Christian Louboutin http://www.christianlouboutin.com/
Bridemaids Dresses: Alvina Valenta
Fotobooth :Go Festive http://gofestive.com/
Placecards: Timeless Paper www.timelesspaper.com

3 comments:

Wedded Luxe said...

Congrats again on your marriage and beautiful wedding!! And that's a wedding army, LOL!!

Lisa M. McGainey said...

Love, Love, LOVED it!! So happy for you. Amazing job! Congrats on both features. A beatuiful bride you were indeed. WISH you both a lifetime of happiness and a successful marriage.

Best,

Lisa

A Special Occasion, LLC said...

Awww, Isis that is BEAUTFIUL! I loved all of it. Congratulations again!