Friday

These boots ain’t made for walking…

Ok, so this morning as I sit staring out the window on a lovely but bitterly cold day, I’ll have to admit, I’m perched up onto a soapbox and have to share. With the expectation of our little bundle of joy, aka, happy feet, I’ve been searching for a new car! UGH. Now, I’m by now means a car lackey-I’ve purchased 4 in the last 8 years (indecisiveness) but geesh, is it me or has buying a car become a difficult feat! Between leather, cloth, wood-grain, faux wood grain, 3rd row v no 3rd row, automatic AWD, etc, I can’t make a decision to save my life. I now understand how frustrated some of my Brides get with all the Options regarding their flowers, décor, attire, etc…It’s enough to drive you nuts!

I finally took the time to write out a list of priorities because after all, if I was one of my Clients, this is what I would advise. Slight problem, my priority list…needs to be re-prioritized. If not, I’ll have to revamp the budget and we all know what that means-incurred debt! So, budget in hand (and in head), I was able to cut the list of SUV Models I “want” into the ones that realistically, we can afford.

With this slightly smaller list, I’ll now have to come to terms with all the items I am willing to compromise on vs. the “must haves”. Just like when you’re planning your Wedding, no matter what the budget, there may be things that you “can not imagine not having during your big day”. If this is the case, make sure you have these items, but keep in mind, you may need to make other sacrifices to get them. For me, my absolute must haves are the entertainment center (DVD player) for Happy Feet and leather on the seats (for Happy Feet’s mess). Simple enough right??? Please!

Well, I’m off my soapbox for now; telephones are ringing and duty calls. I’m actually somewhat proud of myself for the progress (although only slight baby steps were made). Guess this weekend will include a few more test drives until I find the “vehicle of my dreams”. So many options…so little time!

No comments: