Tuesday

Style Cap with Victoria DiPietro of Bella Angel

I know, I know, it's been quite some time but today's style cap makes it well worth the wait! We sat down with the lovely Victoria DiPietro, Owner of Bella Angel for a chat recently and here's how it went:



So Victoria, you and I have had the opportunity to work together on many of occasions and I'm fortunate enough to have gotten to know you...but please tell our readers how long you've been in the industry and how you got started?

Sure! My interest in hair and makeup began when I was about 5 years old. My Aunt would come over early in the morning and give me whatever sample lipsticks she received from Avon, and I would try on every shade--- sometimes at the same time! I would also style anyone’s hair who would let me. I would stay at my grandmother’s house every weekend because every Saturday she would let me curl and style her hair.
My parents also bought me the Barbie “Styling Head.” I would play with her hair for hours; I thought she looked so beautiful when I was finished.

I began my professional career in New Jersey and Philadelphia in 1992. I started out as an assistant at a high-end salon in New Jersey and worked my way up. I headed out West to beautiful Los Angeles, California. For nearly a decade I worked in California for Design Visage, the #1 Bridal hair and makeup service in Ventura, Los Angeles and Orange Counties. In 2003, I moved back to New Jersey and established Bella Angel.

Mmmm...California, my home away from home. Tell us, what is your most favorite part of your job?
My favorite part about doing what I do is that Bella Angel gets to be a part of such a happy occasion. It’s a wedding! We make people look beautiful on an incredibly significant day. It is such a rewarding job, and all of the stylists that work at Bella Angel feel the same way- we love what we do.

And what does a typical day in the "office" consist of?
Our offices are busy during the week because we are doing Previews (pre-wedding day trials) Monday through Thursday. We work by appointment only so we can give our brides our 100% undivided attention. We are not in the office on the weekends, but “on location” doing weddings, either at hotels, halls, mansions or at a bride’s house preparing them for the big day.

Ok, now that we've gotten pass the formalities, tell us an interesting fact about you that we may never have guessed.
Interesting, hmmm....Well, when I was living in Los Angeles, I was able to use my cosmetology skills as an actress on the show “Malcolm in the Middle.” That's pretty interesting!

Victoria, if you had to pick one, what is the mistake clients often make when it comes to makeup?

There is a difference between day-time makeup, night-time makeup and “Wedding Makeup.” Brides often ask, "What is so different about wedding make-up?" Bridal make-up has to have a unique balance. Not only must the bride look good for the camera, she must look pretty in person, often for 10 to 15 hours at a time. Most importantly, it must be "cry-proof". Just because the makeup needs to last 15 hours does not mean that a lot needs to be applied. That is a huge misconception. It is so important to choose a stylist that knows wedding makeup.

Being as involved in the industry as Bella is, can you share some trends/predictions for 2008.
Definitely-Elaborate jeweled hairpins and broaches are sure to supplement and sometimes replace tiaras this year. Look for lots of "bling" to make its way down the aisle.

At POSH, we encourage every Client to embrace their signature style. How do you define your "signature" style?
At Bella, our style is “Red Carpet Chic.”

Now for the easy part, how can Clients reach you?
We can be reached at 856-227-7774 or via the web @ www.bella-angel.com

Pictures of our very own Bella Brides:

No comments: