Wednesday

I cried.

Photobucket

I cried last night as I watched the country make a move that many suspected it could not. I cried as I watched tears in the eyes of the young, hope in the eyes of the old and love between strangers gathered in the street holding onto a shared yet over powering silence. I cried knowing that for the second time in my life (the 1st was standing in the street of Jersey City, NJ watching a building in New York I frequented fall on 9/11)this nation stood strong TOGETHER.

I embrace the renewed spirit that this Country is celebrating as we move into a new term and hope that the love that many shared yesterday lingers long enough for many, many more tears of joy.

The picture above is a snapshot of the photos that graced the New York Times this morning. Congratulations to the new first family.

No comments: